(Chairman & MD)
|Revenue||₹247.95 crore (US$36 million) (2014–15)|
Concord Biotech Limited (CBL) is a Biotechnology company headquartered in Ahmedabad, India. The Company manufactures fermentation based biopharmaceutical active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) sold worldwide. Company manufacturing facility in Ahmedabad, India is approved by global regulatory bodies including US -Food and Drug Administration and EU-Good manufacturing practice.
Concord founded in the year 2000 by Sudhir Vaid. From a single product company in 2000s, Concord today manufactures over 30 products across niche therapies such as immunosuppressant, oncology, antifungal and antibacterial. Concord Biotech is the first company in India and the second in the world to develop an anti-immuno suppressant tachrolimus. Quadria Capital, invested Rs 475.31 crore for a 20% stake in Concord Biotech Ltd. in 2016. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holds 30% stake in Concord.
- "Top 20 Series-Rank 19- Concord Biotech- A year of substantial growth". BioSpectrum. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "Concord Biotech mulling new unit". Business Standard. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Quadria Capital consortium acquires stake in 'Concord Biotech'". Business Standard. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Concord Biotech eyes 5-fold growth by '06". Business Standard. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Quadria Cap concludes Rs 475.31 crore investment in Concord". The Economic Times. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Healthcare-focussed PE firm Quadria lines up $9.8-million fund for India". Business Line. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Healthcare sector sees 88 funding deals worth $397 million in 2016". The Economic Times. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Rakesh Jhunjhunwala to give up Concord Biotech stake, eyes Rs 500 cr". The Economic Times. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Domestic pharmaceutical players eye Bharat Serums acquisition". The Economic Times. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Quadria to invest in Concord Biotech". Mint. Retrieved 18 January 2016.